Information You Voluntarily Provide Fintiv
You may use the Site anonymously without providing Fintiv with any information about yourself. Fintiv only collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide, such as (i) when you provide your name and email address to receive announcements and press releases in order to stay up-to-date on Fintiv, (ii) when you request Fintiv to contact you by providing some or all of the following information through the “Contact” link on the Site: name, email address, phone number, Skype user name and company name, or (iii) in connection with other activities, services, features or resources Fintiv makes available on the Site. Users may decline to supply personally identifiable information, however this may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Other Information Fintiv Collects
When you visit the Site, Fintiv may automatically collect some information about your visit using cookies (see below), log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies. This includes information relating to how you use the Site, including whether you visit certain areas of the Site or whether you click through to a Fintiv article or view a Fintiv video or newscast, and may also include technical information including the browser name, the type of computer and other information about the User’s means of connecting to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
The Site may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. A User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. You may modify your browser settings to control the collection of cookies. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you
may not be able to access some pages or use some of the functions of the Site. Some cookie files remain on your computer’s hard drive unless and until you manually delete the file.
How Fintiv Uses the Information it Collects
Fintiv may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To improve the quality of your Site visit and to personalize your Site visit.
- To send marketing communications, emails, newsletters, and other information that you have requested, opted-in to or otherwise agreed to receive.
Also, Fintiv may use your information, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Fintiv may contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on its behalf, such as hosting and maintaining the Site, payment processing, database storage and management, sending email messages and informational newsletters and administering surveys. These service providers may have access to your personally identifiable information, such as your email address, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for Fintiv.
- Fintiv may share any information you submit to Fintiv when Fintiv has your consent to do so, or when Fintiv needs to share the information in order to provide the information or service you requested.
- Fintiv may use your information to monitor how visitors are using our site.
- Fintiv may use your information to contact you regarding a promotion or survey.
- Fintiv may use your information to uncover and diagnose problems with the Site and servers and for day-to-day system administration needs.
The information you voluntarily provide Fintiv through use of this Site will be stored on a Fintiv server located within Fintiv’s offices. Fintiv follows generally accepted industry standards to protect your personally identifiable information, both during transmission and once Fintiv receives it, including the use of firewalls and other Internet security measures. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and Fintiv cannot guarantee its absolute security. Accordingly, Fintiv expressly disclaims any such obligation.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on the Site that link to the sites and services of Fintiv’s partners, suppliers and other third parties. Fintiv does not control the content or links that appear on these sites and is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to the Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Notice to EU Residents
If Fintiv receives information from a resident of the European Union (“EU”), Fintiv will comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The GDPR provides EU residents with certain rights related to the personal information you have provided to Fintiv or Fintiv has collected through your use of the Site. Specifically, EU residents should be aware of the following:
- Fintiv will not use your data in connection with any automated decision-making process or for any profiling purpose.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Fintiv holds about you.
- You have the right to request that we correct or update your personal information if it is incorrect.
- You have the right to request that Fintiv delete your personal information from Fintiv servers.
- You have the right to opt out of certain uses of your personal information, including use of that information for direct marketing purposes.
Residents of the EU should make any of the requests described above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Acceptance of These Terms